City Job offers is looking for a freelance UI / UX designer / web application designer / email marketing campaign designer / graphic designer to work alongside our agile product owner, scrum-master/developer and other team members providing designs for our web application, email campaigns and fulfilling the visual design function in the business. We are based in Barcelona at Calle Balmes 188 and we need someone who can collaborate with us in the office. We offer and need a guaranteed quantity of average weekly hours (approx. 12) ideally including Monday and Wednesday mornings. We are looking for a dynamic person with the ability to adapt the visual tone of our communications to our primary audience demographic: 23 – 27 year-olds
• At least 4 hours of continuous availability on one of Monday morning, Wednesday morning, Wednesday afternoon in your normal weekly schedule.
• A history of excellent design - a professional portfolio including UI / UX, graphic design, web application design, email marketing campaign design
• Experience with UI tools such as Figma, Sketch, Illustrator, XD etc.
• Experience with UX tools such as Balsamiq, Mockflow, Axure etc.
• Experience in an Agile environment
• Understanding of responsive web design theory and practice
• Advanced or better English or Spanish or both. Other languages a bonus.
• The ability to work independently
• Strong interpersonal skills and a willingness to communicate with other departments, colleagues and management
• Ability to understand and develop company style guides and policies
• Good time-management skills, including prioritization, programming/scheduling and adaptation as necessary.
• Considerable experience with MailChimp or other email marketing software a bonus
• Experience with WordPress theming and plugin configuration a bonus
• Experience with HTML5 responsive web application templates a bonus
• Any experience with project management software a bonus
• Any knowledge of front-end frameworks such as React, Vue, Angular, Ember, Backbone.js a bonus
• Collaborate with our product owner to produce UI / UX designs for our web application
• Design email marketing campaigns
• Collaborate with other team members in the production of visual assets across the business
What we offer
• Freelance contract with a guaranteed number of weekly hours
• Part time
• Competitive remuneration according to experience
• Friendly, fun, international work environment in a fast growing e-Recruitment agency