is a 5 year old company that has developed a platform for entertainment and connectivity that passengers can access on board when connecting to Immfly’s network via their personal electronic devices (smartphones, tablets and laptops). Once connected to Immfly, passengers can access entertainment content such as movies, TV-shows, news channels, kids channels, games, sport videos, and newspapers. Additionally, they may also acquire last-minute activities and transfer services within their destination, or access a real time flight tracker and 3D moving map with full flight info.
We are doing this by using technologies we love, mainly based on and However we are not only a software company; we also handle the selection of the , and the and processes to physically install our system in commercial aircraft. Once the aircraft are installed and activated, we are in charge of the : which essentially means that we ensure that the system is providing the KPI targets committed with airlines.
We are looking for a committed person to join our Operations team; a diligent person who doesn’t take “no” for an answer and always tries to get better.
You will be responsible for the daily . To do this, we have a Monitoring and Alerting system, based on Open Source solutions, some of them, developed and maintained by us. Our Operations Engineers also love tuning these tools and even developing new features to improve them. You will have to analyse the metrics of the business and take decisions together with the Head of Operations to reach the desired goals in terms of customer satisfaction and system availability.
The majority of the tasks can be executed remotely, although sometimes we need to go on site (to airports and hangars) to solve issues or to support avionics teams in tasks, like installing our hardware in new aircraft, testing Electromagnetic Interference, restoring service, etc.
Our Ops Engineers are integrated in the , which is an agile team, with Developers, System Engineers, Devops and Operations Engineers. This team manages infrastructure layer (Operating system, software deploy tools, data sync tools, etc), which hosts the applications developed by other Immfly development teams. This layer includes the Aircraft infrastructure, but also the Cloud infrastructure.
We believe in agility and our teams are autonomous and self-organized based on targets: every team has all the elements to provide solutions to their problems without dependencies.
The obsession of our Operations Engineers is the Continuity of the Service.
· Self-motivated, diligent and detail oriented
· Team player, but able to work independently
· Eager to learn new skills, continuous improvement mind-set and able to keep up with the latest technologies
· Proactive, with ability to adapt to different working styles and environments
· Patient: Aircraft are not available for us when they fly, and we have short intervention windows, either in remote or on site interventions.
· Organized: Our industry is aviation; we need to have high control of the processes, documentation, quality… and all this, being flexible and adaptable!
· Electronic/Avionic knowledge: If you love electronics or you have or want to have B1 or B2 aviation category, let’s talk about it!
· Open Source (user and lover!): You have basic knowledge of scripting on Linux systems
· Problem-solver: You have an engineering mind-set and love solving complex challenges
· Immediate incorporation
· Discover how a successful start-up works
· Compensation according to experience and internal evolution
· An international environment with a young and dynamic team
· Free Snacks, Fruit, coffee and water
· Ping pong
· Start: March 2018 (depending on candidate options)
· Type: Permanent and full-time contract
· Working hours: 8 hours/day (flexible work schedule)
· Package: Competitive salary based on skills and experience
· Location: Barcelona, Spain
· Number of vacancies: 1
It's an amazing time to join Immfly as we continue shaping the future of inflight entertainment.