At Immfly, we created a complete wireless entertainment platform, which we certify and install in commercial aircraft!
We are doing this by using technologies we love, mainly based on Open Source and Linux. However, we are not only a software company; we also handle the selection of the dedicated aeronautics Hardware, and the Certification and Installation processes to physically install our system in the aircraft.
Once the aircraft is installed and activated, we are in charge of the Service Cycle, which essentially means that we ensure that the system is providing the KPI targets committed with airlines.
We believe in agility and our teams are autonomous and self-organized based on targets: every team has all the elements to provide solutions to their problems without dependencies.
The obsession of our Operations Engineers is the Continuity of the Service. To do this, we have a Monitoring and Alerting system, based on Open Source solutions like RabbitMQ, Grafana, Influxdb... some of them, developed and maintained by us mostly developed using Django. Our Operations Engineers also love tuning these tools and even developing new features to improve them.
The majority of the tasks can be executed remotely, although sometimes we need to go on-site (to airports and hangars) to solve issues or to support avionics teams in tasks, like installing our hardware in new aircraft, testing Electromagnetic Interference, restoring service, etc.
The Operations team works nearly with the Infrastructure team, which is an agile team with Developers, System Engineers and DevOps. This team manages infrastructure layer (Operating system, software deploy tools, data sync tools, etc), which hosts the applications developed by other Immfly development teams. Using these tools, the Operation Team can work within the Aircraft infrastructure, but also the Cloud infrastructure.
Desired Qualities :
We value mainly the attitude and the passion, and other things like:
– Problem-solver: You have an engineering mindset and love solving complex challenges.
– Open Source (user and lover!): You have a basic knowledge of scripting on Linux systems using Python and Ansible.
– Continuous learner: you have a Continuous Improvement mindset and huge curiosity.
– Patient: Aircraft are not available for us when they fly, and we have short intervention windows, either in remote or on-site interventions.
– Organized: Our industry is aviation; we need to have high control of the processes, documentation, quality… and all this, being flexible and adaptable!
– Electronic/Avionic knowledge: Electronics and/or aircraft lovers are very welcome.
– Fluent English mandatory, Spanish or other languages is a plus.
– Type: Permanent contract
– Working hours: 8 hours/day (flexible work schedule, morning shift or afternoon shift)
– Based in Barcelona HQ and sporadic travel (10-15%)
– Package: competitive salary based on skills and experience.Apply Now